3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Exterior Paint Colours for Your PaintersApril 4, 2019
Perth Expert Advice
When they choose painting contractors, Perth residents and business owners need to choose the right colours for their project. This can be difficult; a great deal of the available advice is geared towards people that are carrying out interior decorating. When the paint is going to be applied externally things are very different. The lighting is natural, the types of paint and the finishes are different, so how do you know which colours to choose. In this article, we will look at three things that you need to consider before you choose your external paint colours.
- What Mood are You Trying to Create?
The colour that you choose can have a dramatic impact on the mood of the person looking at it. There are entire fields devoted to this very subject, and this will equally apply to people looking at your painted exterior. Let’s take a look at some popular colours and the types of moods that they create.
- Light Blue or Grey: A calm feeling.
- Darker Blue or Purple: Looking inward and feeling contemplative.
- Pink: A feeling of warmth and elegance.
- Red: A bold, energetic feeling of power.
- Green: A feeling of calm and healthiness.
- Yellow: A sunny, energetic feeling of happiness.
These broad guidelines are useful, but there are so many shades available that it would be impossible to evaluate how any colour could affect a person.
- Which Colour are You Prepared to Look at Every Day?
It’s important to choose a colour that you can live with and that you are prepared to look at every time you enter your property. The options above should have helped you to narrow down a choice, but before you make a final decision consider how that same colour will look 3 or 6 months from now. That attractive lime green colour may make you feel calm now, but how will it affect you later? Do you really want to see that same colour every time you enter your home or business? This sort of thinking is the primary reason why people use more neutral colours when they decorate externally. It’s far easier to live with a more neutral colour, but that doesn’t have to be a boring experienced. The neutral tones can even be enhanced with a little dash of colour here and there to break things up a little.
- Which Colour Reflects Your Personality?
So, which colour highlights would be ideal for showing off your personality? Your external colour choice can give your visitors a message about you before they even meet you. Let’s take a look at a few examples.
- Neutral Tones: A practical and easy going person.
- Orange or Yellow: A welcoming and cheerful demeanor.
- Light Blue: An introspective and calming influence.
- Jewel Tones: An outgoing and confident person.
If they are looking for professional painters Perth Wa residents and business managers should get in contact with Elite Painting for expert help and advice.