Tips to Entertain Outdoors
Entertaining outdoors is not as easy as it looks. You need to plan out different kinds of stuff and make sure that everything is in order. Having a well-decorated garden or a large outdoor area is always a bonus. You need to ensure that the outdoor area is clean and it is ready for hosting a party. Having an outdoor party is the best way to entertain outdoors. Some of the exciting tips to entertain outdoors are listed below:
Party Planning Tips
- While planning a party in the outdoors, you should make sure that the guests are comfortable. Before inviting them, you must ask them about their food preference.
- If you are planning to host more than 15 people, then you should consider sending invitations. Having a theme party can be fun, but it is essential to inform the visitors about the theme of your party. Make sure that you mention in the invitations about the theme of the party.
- Try to be innovative while planning out the seating area. Focus on having a creative set of chairs, tables and different blankets in the yard.
- You can lessen the burden of making different dishes by planning a pot party. While inviting the guests, you can assign everyone a set of a dish. Different individuals can be asked to make desserts, salads, appetizers, etc. You should also plan out the cuisines that your guests prefer.
- Always have a backup plan for outdoor parties. If you feel that rain can hamper the party, then have something ready inside the house. You never know when you need to take all the guests inside the house. You should also have extra food as it is important to make sure that you have enough to offer to your guests.
Table Setting Tips
- Always have extra table cloth ready in case of emergency. If any of them get damaged at the last minute, then you need to have an extra cloth to cover the table. If a cover is too large, then turn two cloths into halves and cover the table. Always try to be a little innovative while designing the chairs and tables.
- If you feel it is a windy day, then keep the tablecloth weighted down. Wrap the tablecloth with raffia by using large seashells and pretty stones. Tying heavy stones with the tablecloth will make sure that the cover does not fly or disturb the guests while they are seated on the chair.
- Give your outdoor area a coordinated look. While placing the tablecloth, covering the seats and setting other areas, you need to make sure that every design complements the other area. A coordinated look always looks good.
- Hanging small lanterns on the trees gives a really creative look. It looks even better during the evening when they are lit up.
- If you have a nice flower pot or a small tree that looks nice then place it at the center. Having it at the center of the garden makes it look creative.
- You can either opt for a buffet party or have some people who serve the food to the guests. Buffet party is better as it also reduces the burden of serving different guests. In the buffet area place fallen flowers, pine cones and bowls filled with crystal clear water.